These rolls are scruptious!! The use of rosemary essential oil in this recipe kicks it up a notch!! You could add a citrus oil, basil, italian or mexican essential oil blend, black or pink pepper. So many choices!! Help it compliment your meal!
2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast½ cup warm water3 T sugar¾ cup warm milk1 large egg 3 T butter melted 2 T chopped fresh rosemary 2 drops rosemary doterra essential oil ½ teaspoon salt 1 egg for brushing the rolls 3 ½ cups flour
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer whisk together the yeast, warm water, and 1/2teaspoon sugar. Let it rest 5 minutes.
- Using the same bowl.
- Set mixer and use hook attachment and mix in the rest of the sugar, add the warm milk, egg, , melted butter, fresh rosemary, rosemary essential oil, and salt on low speed.
- Add the first 2 cups of flour slowly about ¼ cup at a time and mix on low until combined. Then add the last bit slowly only as needed until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl and stays on the hook. It will be a little tacky.
- Knead for 7-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Remove from the mixer and cover the bowl with a cloth for about an hour until it doubles in size.
- Place dough on a clean floured workspace and divide into 12 equal pieces.
- Roll each into a smooth ball and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Cover and let rise about 1 hour (doubled in size)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Gently brush the tops of the rolls with whisked egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 23-26 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.