Ready for some Thanksgiving recipes!! Make sure you have all your essential oil ingredients ahead of time!
Citrus and Herb Roasted Turkey!! I made this last year it was delicious!!
Ingredients- Herb butter:
4 drops wild orange doterra essential oil
3 drops lemon doterra essential oil
3 cloves of garlic minced
4 T fresh chopped sage
3 T fresh chopped rosemary ( or 2 drops doterra essential oil)
3 T fresh chopped Thyme ( or 2 drops doterra essential oil)
Pinch of salt and pepper
`2 stick of unsalted butter at room temperature
For the Turkey
16-20 pound thawed turkey
1 large orange
1 lemon cut into quarters
1 large granny apple quartered
1 garlic head cut in ½
5 sprigs sage
5 sprigs thyme
2 sprigs rosemary
1 small onion quartered
Instructions for the butter:
In a small bowl mix all the ingredients together
Instructions for the Turkey:
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F
- Rinse turkey inside and out Pat the turkey dry.
- Take out the giblets and neck.
- Place it in a roasting rack/tray in a roasting pan.
- Stuff the cavity of the bird with the orange, lemon, apple, garlic, onion, and herbs.
- Tuck the wings under the turkey.
- Carefully loosen the skin around the entire bird (use your fingers).
- Use ¼ of the butter mixture and rub it under the skin.
- Brush the remainder of the butter over the entire turkey.
- Roast the turkey on the lowest rack or in a roaster at 500 for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 350 and make sure to insert the thermometer at the thickest part of the breast.
- Cook until the thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove from the oven or roaster and cover with foal for about 30 minutes before carving.