What is Reiki
Reiki is a very specific form of energy healing, in which hands are placed just off the body. Reiki can also be performed long distance. Dr Mikao Usui, a Japanese seeker of spiritual truths, brought the Reiki method of healing into human awareness in 1922. The word "Reiki" is derived from two Japanese words: "rei," meaning universal or spiritual, and "ki," meaning life force energy. In a Reiki session, the practitioner transmits Universal Life Energy to the client. to create deep relaxation, help increase healing, reduce pain, and decrease other symptoms the client may be experiencing.
1. Energy Healing: Reiki is considered a form of energy healing. A person's "ki" or life force energy should be strong and freely flowing, and disruptions or imbalances in this energy can lead to physical or emotional health issues. The goal of a Reiki session is to balance and enhance the flow of this energy.
2. Hands-On Healing: Reiki is typically administered through light touch or by placing hands near the recipient's body. The practitioner acts as a channel for the universal energy, directing it to the recipient. The hands are usually placed on or above specific energy centers (chakras) or areas of the body.
3. Chakras and Energy Centers: Reiki and chakras—energy centers within the body go hand in hand. Practitioners typically focus on balancing and clearing these energy centers to promote overall health and well-being.
4. Holistic Approach: Reiki is considered a holistic therapy, addressing the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of an individual.
5. Relaxation and Stress Reduction: Many people experience deep relaxation and a sense of calm during and after a Reiki session. The practice is often used to reduce stress, promote relaxation, and support the body's natural healing processes.
6. Non-Invasive: Reiki is non-invasive, and recipients remain fully clothed during a session.
Some individuals report positive experiences and benefits from Reiki, others view it as a practice that primarily induces a state of relaxation and stress reduction. Other times it could be a day or two before someone notices a change. The body will let the change occur when it feels that it is the correct time.
Karie Hammond Essential Oils © 2022
| Designed By practicalwebsitedesign.com |
Please note - The statements found throughout this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.